Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
I am concerned and worried

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

I am concerned and worried

Hello,I really hope someone can help me with my question. A few days ago I went to the ER because I was feeling "weird". I felt tired and just plain drained. I had a pain under my rib cage and aspirin wasn't working. Well they did some blood work and the doctor came back and informed me I was pregnant!!! I was sooo happy as my husband and I had been trying for 2 years. They did an ultrasound,one of those vaginal ultrasounds,so I waited about an hour for them to come speak to me. When the doctor went into the room he said that I had gall stones but that also they could only see the sac but couldn't detect a heartbeat. He said he didn't know if it was because it was too early to see it or because I had had a miscarriage. I was devasted!!! Can u imagine being told that your pregnant and then that you might have lost it? My periods had always been irregular,so I have no idea how far along I might be or was. But isn't a woman suppose to cramp and bleed like a rgular period if you have a miscarriage?? I remember I bled a little bit last week after sex but it was only some spotting right after and no more thru out the day or night. I think that was normal. I don't think that was a miscarriage. Can someone PLEASE help me just stay positive,I was told to go back in a week for another HgC test and see if my levels are rising. I was at 11678. I just took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. Anyone ever go thru this?
Hi!  Oh my HOW many people have been through what you are going through!

Is there any way you can get in for a good quality ultrasound any sooner?  With a level of 11000+ they SHOULD be able to see something.  Usually we can see something when the level is higher than 2000.  So, what I am saying is you don't need to wait a week for another blood test--get to your ob doctor ASAP and get a GOOD (non-ER quality scan).

I hope so much for you that everything is fine and you see a nice little beating heart!

But even if you don't--remember a couple of things:  You ovulated; He has sperm; you have at least one open tube or the embryo wouldn't have made it to the uterus.  All of these things say good things about your future even if this time isn't it.

Best Wishes!

Dr B

Hi and thank you for answering my question. I went to the doctor today because the waiting game was killing me! They gave me my HgC results and they went up to 24670!!! That is a great sign right??!! I hope you can answer my question.