Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Is there any way to make your period start early?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Hi, is there any way to make your period start earlier or make it lighter? I have a gymnastics competition and we can't wear shorts and I have no idea what to do. Anybody know what to do?
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you that your period can be regulated with oral contraceptives.  Usually it is easier to delay it than to bring it on early.  To get a prescription you will need to see a doctor, but unless you are 21 or older, you shouldn't need to have the full exam and pap.  
Good luck!
Dr B
Ive used Ibuprofen and its helped lighten it a bit. Good luck!