Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Itchy brown spots around my both the nipples

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Hello..
I am  Rachana ,
22 years young girl. since 2 years i have been getting severe itchy feeling in my nipples and around my both the areola ,and when i scratch over that then a white dead skin in powdered form falls down, gradually forming a red dry itchy spots which again turns into brown spots around the areola and the skin texture of those spots is turning like the skin texture of the areola.All this is not continuous , its continual [on and off situation].  It started just after my boyfriend licked my nipples [very embarrassing to admit] . i have not consulted any doctor yet. But i am very apprehensive about it. Unable to discuss it with any body. I would be extremely grateful to the one who can help me. Please help ME
Hi Rachana!
Your best bet would be to see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis.  You shouldn't be ashamed or embarrased about anything!  I am going to guess that you may have eczema or psoriasis.  Both would probably require a prescription for treatment.  

It is also possible that you could have candida, although I doubt that would have lasted this long.  If you want to try something on your own before going in to the dermatologist, you could try something like Desitin.  If it is a candida, it should respond to something like that.

DO make that appointment though, as it is very difficult to make skin diagnoses with out seeing the "spot" and sometimes even a biopsy is needed for most accuracy.

Good luck!

Dr B

Thanx in loads for sparing your precious time and giving such a quick response .
will definitely see the doctor.

Rachana.