Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
LSIL Result - No Warts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

LSIL Result - No Warts

I had a PAP test in April that recently came back with an abnormal result for LSIL. I do not have any warts anywhere. Between my last Pap and that one, I had had 2 sexual partners. I've been reading things all over medical help sites on the internet and I'm extra confused and anxious. I have scheduled my follow-up for this coming Monday. I just graduated college and I'm 21, so this entire situation is really upsetting to me. I have had only one other Pap ever come back abnormal in 2008, but that result was ASCUS and the follow up with HPV test I had about a month later came back normal. My 2009 Pap also came back normal, I believe this was in October. I suppose my main concern is that I've read that despite the fact that the result came back LSIL, I have no warts and have been reading that a lack of warts means it's more likely indicative of cancer. I suppose I'm particularly upset about this because I'm too afraid to talk to my mother about it and don't have anyone else to ask. Since I just graduated and will no longer see the doctor I had during the last four years, I won't know whoever I see this Monday and it's just a stressful situation.

In this kind of situation, is it likely that the LSIL is more dangerous? I guess this means I have HPV as well, as I read that LSIL is 99% cause by HPV, and can't find any other possible causes for it. This is the first time I've ever had an LSIL result. I know that I can hopefully get some answers at my appointment Monday, but I was just curious as to any typical circumstances as related to first-time LSIL results with no warts.