Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Lower stomach sharp pain..all the time
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lower stomach sharp pain..all the time

I am having lower stomach pain all the time.  It has been going on for about 6 days now.   I have had ovarian cysts before and had to have them removed two times.  I am having the pain, and when I get a really sharp pain it sometimes goes to my lower back and other times makes me feel like I am going to be sick.  I have the 5 year IUD.  I took a pregnancy test just to be sure that it didn't fall out of place, and that came up negative.  I am starting to get a little concerned.   What could it be though?  Should I seek medical attention or will it possibly pass?  

Thanks,
Jamie
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, and were trying to avoid a medical bill, the first thing I would tell you to try would be something for your bowels.  I would tell you to drink 2 liters of water every day for a week.  No sodas.  I would also have you take Fibrecon tablets daily and Milk of Magnesia daily.  Finally, I would suggest something for the pain such as Ibuprofen or Aleve.  If the pain didn't get better within a few days, or certainly if it got worse, I would have you come in for an ultrasound to look at your ovaries again.

There are some types of cysts that will go away on their own if you wait it out.  Anytime pain is persistent or severe though, it is time to go in!

Good luck!
Dr B
1 Comment
Blank
I had a laderoscopy nearly 3 weeks ago now treating endometriosis and my dr inserted the mirena during the same operation. Since then i have been getting very sharp pain in my lower tummy which sometimes makes me nearly faint. Can anyone tell me what this may be?:(
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank