Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Lump on pelvic bone

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Lump on pelvic bone

I have a lump on the crease of my leg by my pelvic bone. I felt it and it feels like it is attached to nerves, or something. It hurts a lot especially when i walk or sit. the pain goes around my side into my buttocks. Does anyone know what this could be?
Hi!
The place you are describing contains lots of lymph glands.  These can swell and become tender if you have any sort of inflammation in your pelvic area, or even from something like shaving.  If it is a gland, it is likely to go away on its own with a little time.
Another possibility is an in-grown hair or infected follicle.  If it is infected, it will likely come to a head and drain, or may need to be lanced. These are the two most likely possibilities.  If it doesn't go away, or especially if it gets bigger, you should have it looked at!
Good luck!
Dr B