Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
MC n D&C
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MC n D&C

I have recently gone through a natural miscarriage. my LMD was 2nd Oct and i checked on homekit o 5th Nov and the test was positive, but the next day I started bleeding. We rushed to the hospital where Beta HCG test was done and they confirmed my pregnancy.
However the Blood count was not doubling every 48hrs ( 80- 139  hcg count), it was increasing but not doubling. We got an ultrasound done and nothing could be seen as docs suspecting it to be a Late Conception case.  After 2 weeks the blood count started declining and Docs suggested DnC .

I have been bleeding ever since and now spotting on dry blood is there. I feel bloated after the DnC .

Please confirm is this normal-
I feel bloated
Acidity
Burning of Abdomen
Back Pain
Not able to get sleep as not able to sleep on either sides or back.

Please suugest advise as all this is really troubling me and am gong through a lot of trauma.
603463_tn?1220630455
If you were my patient, I would want to bring you in for a blood pregnancy test and ultrasound.  I would like to know if the blood test had reached zero. If not I would be concerned about a possible tubal pregnancy that might be causing your pain.  An ultrasound should be able to demonstrate a tubal pregnancy if the pregnancy hormone level is above 2000.  If they did pathology on the miscarriage specimen, they should have been able to find evidence that the pregnancy was in the uterus.  I would also want to rule out retained products of conception--in other words, make sure that the uterus was clean and not infected.
Good luck!
Dr B

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\f your beta hgI trcg is zero and your ultasound looks good, next thought would be about the
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now