Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Menstrual Problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Menstrual Problems

Well I am 23 years old and my period has always been abnormal!! Around Dec 25th of 2009 I started spotting and didnt think anything of it just thought I was getting my period!! however it has been over a month now and I am still bleeding but the last two weeks I have none stop blood clots that are about the size of a cracker and here within the last week I have started to notice that the blood clots are starting to become flesh colored I am not sure what is going on I am haveing awful pains in my lower stomach and fell very tired and weak!!
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
It sounds to me like you may be developing a build up within the lining of your uterus.
This frequently happens when irregular periods go on for several years.  Hyperplasia is the name of the condition I am referring to, and can be a pre-cancerous condition if left untreated.  If you were my patient, I would definitely want to see you for an exam and ultrasound.  I would also want to check you for anemia due to blood loss.

If the lining of your uterus is really thick, I might recommend an endometrial biopsy.  Alternatively, I might just treat you with progesterone for 10-14 days to clean out all of the tissue.  I would then probably discuss birth control pills with you, in hopes of regulating your cycle until you are ready for a family.  I would probably do some other blood work such as thyroid levels, and prolactin levels too.

Hope this helps!

Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker