Missed my period
My last menstrual period was 16 november. My cycle is irregular and usually about 40-43 days long, so i expected my period about a week ago. I took two home pregnancy tests last thursday, both were negative. I have no symptoms of pregnancy. Should i be worried? Should i make an appt. with my gynecologist? Although i have irregular periods i don't usually skip one like this. I haven't had any spotting either. Thanks for your advice.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would verify the pregnancy test and then offer you the option of progesterone for five days to start your period.  Sometimes if they are too far apart, they can be whoppers when they do come.
You don't have to worry unless more than 3 months has passed since your last period--you should definitely check in with your doctor if it has been that long.
Good Luck!
Dr B