Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
My period has come 2 weeks after my last period! Please Respond!

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

i am 34 yrs old and have always had normal periods (every 24-28 days).  i had my last period 2 weeks ago...  i woke up this morning and have again started my period!  it appears to be a "normal" period (only 2 weeks, or so early).  i have never had this happen to me before and now i am really worried!!   i heard that stress can cause your period to be late but can it also cause it to come early?  exactly 2 weeks ago when my period started i had an extremely stressful day full of anxiety because of some relationship issues.  the stress lasted a couple of days and subsided and i really hadn't thought about it until now.  what are the chances that this could be caused by cancer?!  also, i am not on BP pills or any medication and i am not pregnant...  
Hi!
It is extremely common for women to have an usual cycle every now or then.  I'm surprised you haven't before now!

If nothing further unusual happens, I would chalk it up to stress.  If it starts to become a pattern that you bleed every two weeks, then it is time to check in with your gynecologist. Even then it is much more likely to be a hormonal problem or polyp than cancer.  So risk that this is cancer is close to zero!

Good luck!

Dr B
Thanks for your response!  I have a Dr. Appt with a nurse practioner tomorrow...  I have always been afraid of Dr's and have avoided them because I'm always afraid they will find something majorly wrong with me.  I have a phobia obviously...  I have never had a pap or pelvic exam and have had no blood work done in 10 yrs!  I am extremely nervous and have been crying daily the last few days...  Any further advice or support would be appreciated!!  When I did go to the Dr. 10 yrs ago I had elevated prolactin levels and testosterone levels.  I also have excess body and facial hair.  I think perhaps I could have PCOS but I have always had very normal monthly cycles...  
My question is regarding plan b.  My last period ended Nov 19.  I slept with my boyfriend Nov 22.  The next day ran out and got Plan B to b safe.  A week later Nov 29th I started to spot and looked like my normal period.  Is this normal? I took a pregnancy test that day too and came out negative.  When can I expect my actual period?
A related discussion, trying for baby was started.