Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Nexplanon and too many periods
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nexplanon and too many periods

I got a Nexplanon inserted in my arm on December 14th 2010, and before that I used Cerazette for six months without experiencing any problems. With Cerazette I completely lost my period without any trace (I've never had cramps during my periods). I had a normal period from December 30th to January 6th, but it was rather painful. Then I had a new period which started on February 6th (about a week late after my normal menstrual cycle) and ended on February 10th. I had a new one which started five days later and lasted one week. Then I had a new period, which started at the beginning of March and lasted one week. Three days after it ended I had a new one. That period lasted six days and ended on March 9th. Today is March 12th, and a new period just started.

I have just been ill with a fever, and on Wednesday 2nd of March I was ran to the hospital because they thought I might have a blood clot in my lungs (extreme pain in ribs, coughing). Since they were busy and the morphine stopped the pain, all they did was take a blood sample and send me home. Pregnancy is not a question, since my boyfriend and I are very careful.

I am 19 years old and otherwise healthy.