Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Not made for birth control......?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Not made for birth control......?

I am in desperate need of help with birth control! I am 28-years-old, married with 4 kids and I'm DONE! Every kind of hormone based birth control that I've tried has caused me severe migraines (pill, patch, etc). I have a metal allergy as well so the copper IUD and coil springs I assume won't be a good fit for me. What else can I do? My husband refuses a vasectomy and I tried anything and everything to persuade him. This is causing me extreme stress! To the point of being physically ill when I read the horror stories of side effects.

Sorry I going to be blunt here...My husband and I have been using condoms for the last 2.5 years. We ran out and had intercourse with nothing, he pulled out. I really don't want to have to deal with this. I'm extremely fertile!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you are certain that you don't want any more children you could consider a tubal ligation.  There are techniques which don't involve metal clips or bands.
A diaphragm is another option in addition to condoms--many couples use both.  An Essure procedure might also be an option--I don't think there is any copper in the implants, but it would obviously pay to inquire!
Abstinence is one option that my patients have suggested to reluctant husbands which makes them more willing to consider the vasectomy!
good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank