Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
One ovary bigger thant the other!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

One ovary bigger thant the other!

I am only 18 years of age, my right ovary is bigger than the left. ever since i was little, it has always been like that. now that i am getting older, i really want to know more on what i may have.can someone please give me a few answers! its starting to worry me, i have normal periods, i dont experience anything out of the ordinary. please and thank you!
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
I assume that you've had an ultrasound showing that your ovaries are different sizes.  It certainly could be a normal variant--in other words, you were born that way.  Often the body is somewhat lop-sided--you probably have one breast larger than the other too!
If the ovary is very large, it could be a cyst, and an ultrasound or MRI could determine what is going on there and if any surgery might be necessary.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker