Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Ovulation cycles
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ovulation cycles

Dear Dr,

You answered a question for me on Galactorrhea. My Dr got back to me and said that my prolactin and TSH levels were normal. She has put me on a dose of Dostinext of 0.5mg every 3 days for a month. The tablets (I assume) are making me dopey, I have nosebleeds, dizziness and nausea. It's making working very difficult. She gave them to me as I was still having breast milk despite no longer breast feeding for the last 5 months and my periods were very irregular and my Dr said I wasn't ovulating. My milk, from what I can tell, has stopped, and I have another 6 tablets to take, will the pills kickstart my ovulation? Should I use a barrier method of contraceptive whilst I'm taking them? My Dr said if I don't conceive in the next 2 months then to go back from more tests. Is this a reasonable time frame or should I expect it to take longer? My husband and I had been trying to conceive for a year before we went to our OB and she put me on the Dostinex. I'd appreciate any info you can give me?

Many thanks,

Melissa