PCOS & NO PERIOD
i haven't had a period since my d & c in oct 2010 i was diagnosed with pcos in feb 2011 and was put on metformin 5oo mg 2x a day. i still didn't get my period so i was put on 10 mg provera on april 5-14, it has been a month & still no period, what could it be?
Hi!
If you were my patient, the next thing I would do is to try a cycle of oral contraceptive pills.
I would want to know if they would give you a period.  If everything is normal, they should.
If you DID NOT have a period with oral contraceptives, I would be concerned about Asherman's syndrome which is scarring of the uterus which can be caused by infection or surgery.  Asherman's is very rare and PCOS is very common, so I would put my money on the first diagnosis.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.