Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
PERIOD!! Help..

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

PERIOD!! Help..
What's wrong with me?? I'm 14 and had started my period when I was 11 iv had a regular period until now... Iv had sex before unprotected 2 times, and since the last time I did that I haven't had my period for 6 and a half months.. Iv been checked for pregnancy but all the tests were negative and both the blood tests were... I don't think I'm pregnant... What else could be wrong???? I eat healthy and I walk 3 miles everyday after school.. I'm worried I don't know what's wrong.. Std??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you probably have a hormonal imbalance that would be considered to be PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).  It isn't healthy to go too long between periods, so I would first give you a medication to start your period (preg test first) and then we could discuss starting some form of cycle control/birth control.  Any of the types would be good--you might like the implant or depo provera, or even the Mirena IUD.  
Go to your doctor!
Good luck!
Dr B