PLEASE HELP
Hi. I was diagnosed with west niel virus back in September 2013. At the same time I was pregnant. I had west Nile meningitis along with extreme fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and severe headaches that would last for days. In August my doc had done a CBC and my wbc was 18000. It is now Feb 2014 and my wbc count is still very high 27000. My doctor said that I should be better but in all honesty I still feel awful.  My head is always very tender, I don't have much of an appetite and my bones HURT all the time. My extremities go numb even when I'm standing.  I don't know what to do and It's scary to be in all this pain all the time. I do not take any meds and ate not on any antibiotics. I'm in need of advice on what to do and how to get my doctor to take me more seriously. I did have a healthy baby boy on dec. 23 2013!! He was over a month early but made it safe an sound:)  why would my wbc count still be so high? Why hasn't my body healed?
Thanks Ash
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to get a consultation with an infectious diseases specialist first.  I'm glad to hear that you're healthy!  I'm glad your baby is healthy too.  Your white count is definitely too high and the problem needs to be sorted out.  Infectious Disease MD are the best type of doctor for your case.
Good luck!
Dr B
How do I get an appointment with an infectious disease specialist?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.