Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Pelvic Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Pelvic Pain

I would really appreciate your opinion on this matter.
3 months ago, I started getting pinching twitching pain straight up the vagina ...I guess in the uterus area.
Then a month later, I started having lower back pain (left pelvic side) and then the pain
went to the front left side(left ovary area).  The pain started out as a dull pain in the ovary area but then I also started to get very sharp pains....sometimes pinching & twitching pains.
It is mostly around the left ovary area and in the utereus.  However, a few times, I felt the pain on the right ovary area.

I had the following tests done...all negative except for one:

Negative tests were:
Urine test for Chlamydia & gonorrhea & pregnancy.
Hiv blood test
Swabs for vaginitis, yeast, trichonomis, Chlamydia & Gonorrhea.
Urine test for urinary track infection, Urinalysis.
Pelvic Ultrasound & Trans-vaginal ultrasound
Stool test for ovum & parasites...because stool is kinda thin..but not pencil thin.

Positive test: Ureaplasma.  I was treated for 5 days (zitromax).

The pain around the ovary area is sometimes dull and sometimes sharp. The pain straight up..which seems as the uterus is usually sharp and pinching/twitching. The odd time i still get the lower back pelvic pain. My Doctor cannot diagnose the condition.  Sometimes the pain is so sharp, it makes me dizzy.  
Please Help!  Thank You
Hi!
Two possibilities to consider:  1) endometriosis or 2) Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
I would suggest increasing dietary fibre(Benefibre--daily) and fluid intake (1-2 Liters of water daily), and eating very well ( no junk food or sodas ) for a week or so, and see if this helps or changes the pain at all.  If you really take great care of you GI tract for 1-2 weeks and notice no improvement in the pain, you might want to consider laparoscopy to look for endometriosis.  Laparoscopy is a minor surgical procedure in which a small fiber-optic scope is inserted through a tiny incision just below the belly button, and it allows the doctor to look inside, directly at the ovaries, uterus, appendix,  etc.  In many cases, it can help diagnose the cause of the pain.

I hope this helps!
Dr B