Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Peritoneal Inclusion Cyst
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Peritoneal Inclusion Cyst

I have had two prior surgeries in the past two years for peritoneal cysts performed by general surgeon and gynecologist. I have had several pelvic surgeries in years past for colon resection and J-pouch which has left me with much scar tissue.   I currently have two approx. 9cm cysts.  I was referred by my local gynecologist to see a gynecologist in Philadelphia. I am scheduled for total hysterectomy but now my local gynecologist is saying that that my not be the way to go due to possible bowel damage and possible reoccurance of cysts even after hysterectomy.  I can't seem to get answers as to what should be done with the current cysts and which type of doctor I should be going to that specializes in peritoneal cysts.    Any advice would be grealty appreciated.