Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Plan B after unprotected sex.

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Plan B after unprotected sex.

Ok so, I had my period January 11th and it ended like 2 days before I had unprotected sex. The first time i had unprotected sex was January 18th, he did not ejaculated inside me. I still took Plan B because I was scared I was going to get pregnant with him pre-ejaculating inside me. I took the pill the next day less than 24 hrs but more than 12 hrs. We had unprotected sex again January 19th, he did not ejaculated inside me, but i did not take the Plan B pill again. Since it says it shouldn't be taken daily, like birth control. I made an appointment with the gynecologist next week to get birth control. I am scared though because I am spotting dark brown/blood color. I read the side effects and it says it might change your period and you will spot before your period. I also did some research over the internet and it looks a lot of girls spot 4 to 7 days after taking the Plan B pill. I am just worried i might be pregnant since once of my friends who has a child said there is spotting right after the egg is fertilized. So its been a week after i had sex can i get pregnant? Should i buy a pregnancy test? if so which one? I am not having unprotected sex again, Should i have taken the Plan B pill again the next day after the second time? I was a virgin and it wasnt very smart from my part, now i'm stressed and scared because i dont know what is going on with my body. Please dont judge me and if you can help me.

- Daphne
Hi!
If you were my patient, and if I were to judge you, I would judge that you ARE a very smart and informed young lady.  You are not supposed to take Plan B more than once during a cycle.  The pills that you took on the 18th will very likely protect you on the 19th as well.  KEEP your appointment for birth control!  You can take a pregnancy test as early as 10 days after intercourse, and Clear Blue First Response is a good one to use for the earliest answer.  Your doctor can also do a test for you.
Good luck!
Dr B