Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Pregnancy dilema

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Pregnancy dilema

Hi. I am in a very unfortunate position. I have been in a long term relationship but we not so long ago split up temporarily. We are now back together and had full sexual inter course without protection around my fertile time. The day before this I stupidly had a sexual encounter with some else. We did not have full sexual inter course but he did enter me twice and then pulled out immediately. We then later on had other sexual contact but no inter course which resulted in him ejaculating. I have now found out I am pregnant. My question is is there a high chance it could be as a result of the one or two second inter course I had with the not long term guy. Of course I realise this is all my stupid doing but I am seriously considering a termination and I will have to live with this decision.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you of two things:  the first is that if your casual partner did not ejaculate, it is unlikely that he is the father as recent studies have suggested that there may NOT be sperm in the preejaculate after all.  Secondly, if you are willing to make the disclosure to your long term partner, it might be possible to have the DNA analysis done before you are too far along to terminate.  I would suggest making an appointment with a perinatologist to discuss the possibilities.  Worst case scenario (and most likely) is that you terminate a desired pregnancy.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Thank you for your advice. Disclosing the situation to my long-term partner is not an option because it would mean the end of our relationship. I feel like I have no option but to proceed with a termination, even though I would love to keep the baby if it was my long term partner's. I just can't have 100% confirmation of that even though I guess I know deep in my heart it is his.