Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Pregnancy through fingering with sperm?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Pregnancy through fingering with sperm?

I got my period last month 7/13/12
My next period was on 8/10/12
I was making out with my boyfriend and things got out of control. (8/13/12) He came just by kissing me and touching me with his finger directly (his penis and everything was not touched at all) then after he came he touched himself and started to touch me with his finger,(there was semen) and it came in contact with my Vagina
When he started touching me I asked him if he had touched himself and he said YES.
once i heard that i told him to STOP.

I was on my last day of my period i was hardly bleeding at all. I freaked out, and went and got depo provera the next day. ( 3 month one) I still feel panicking and i couldnt take it so i went to planned parenthood and i got next choice on 8/17/12, They said it could still be effective. (not as much as if i would have taken it the next day:(

Im very concerned whether i can be pregnant or if i did everything i could. I also saw that even if you are pregnant you can get a period???? im not sure what to do, i dont want to have a kid, i would understand hasty comments from woman or ppl if i had had sexual intercourse of any kind with him, but i didnt even touch him, he only touched me and his penis was kept away, (and then when he touched me after, he had came but i told him to stop, and pulled his hand away) at first i didnt think i can become pregnant but there are alot of stories. I dont know what to believe.

I also have been getting ALOT of lower abdominal pain, i feel like super tired, and i also feel like its contracting (could it be my uterus)? (the pain i have are like really bad cramps) is it too much medication for me??? I dont know when should be a good time to get a pelvic exam??

, I havent even kissed, seen my bf since the incident and no other kind of sexual activiity had taken place since 8/13/12 or before this date
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would feel VERY comfortable reassuring you that it is VERY unlikely that you will conceive.  Since I really don't think that reassurance is going to be enough here though, I would recommend a pregnancy test on 8/29 and then if that is negative, another confirmatory one a week after that. Unfortunately with all of the preventative medications, your cycles are most likely not going to be a reliable indicator, since they will most likely be irregular now for awhile.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I also heard that depo provera thins your uterine lining, Im not sure what it means? (likelyhood of becoming pregnant?)
Any medicine with depo in it, decreases your chances of getting pregnant. From what a doctor told me.