Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pregnancy

Hi, I am 30 years old and I had my tubes tied for 8 years ago during a c-section in 2004.  After my tubes were tied the dr came in told told me that I have 2 uteruses.  The past two months I have been feeling fluttering in my lower stomach, and been feeling nauseous, headaches, tired alot, gaining weight my pants are getting tight, also my breast have been getting sore and when I squeeze my nipples a white milk like liquid comes out, but I have still had my periods which only last for 2 1/2 days and are a bright red which is unusual, my periods usually last 5 days and are heavy and darker in color. What should I do? could I be Pregnant? what are my chances of getting pregnant with two uteruses, but tubes tied? Please help any info will be greatly appreciated.    
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would tell you to do is a pregnancy test.  If that is negative, no need for concern.  It is possible for a woman to have several different types of "double uterus".  You might wish to look at this picture http://www.auntminnie.com/TF_FOLDER/images/ACR8/8_1/31L0M0OR_FIGURE_467X640.JPG to get an idea of what a double uterus looks like.  I am asking you to look because you will notice that only one fallopian tube is connected to each uterus, so even if a woman has a double uterus, she almost always has only two fallopian tubes.  The risk of getting pregnant after a tubal ligation is usually quoted as around 1/400 which should be the same odds in your case.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
3185070_tn?1344704177
Why not take a pregnancy test?  They are 99% accurate these days. :o)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank