Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Raw and sore vagina
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Raw and sore vagina

My boyfriend and I had a rather active sexual weekend and tried ribbed condoms, after my vaginal lips and the general outside area have been very raw and sore feeling, me and my partner have both recently been STD tested and were clean, we are only with eachother. I bought some vagisil which helps some and had one dose of monostat cream in the tube. There us some clearish white discharge no odor and minor bleeding if I wipe to much. It was itchy but it still hurts and burns. We tried new lubrication, maybe I'm allergic to it? Help???
Related Discussions
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
There are three main possibilities:
1) you have a dermatitis--a reaction to something--the condoms, the lubricant or even the yeast preparations
2) you have a yeast infection
3) you are just worn out from the big weekend.

If you are just raw from the friction, it should get better quickly--just keep clean and dry.
If you have a dermatitis, it may persist or worsen if you continue to apply different agents.  I would suggest using ONLY Crisco (yes that's not a typo) topically to soothe the area until you can get checked.
If you have a yeast infection, it may resolve since you treated it, or worsen.  Usually there is a lot of thick whitish/greenish discharge associated although not always.

Whatever the case, if you are not better within 2-3 days, you should probably be checked out.  My favorite therapy for yeast is Diflucan.

Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker