Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Recurring Vaginal Bump

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Recurring Vaginal Bump

I have a recurring bump on my vaginal lip. Only one and it reappears about every 3-4 months in the same place. It is uncomfortable but not very painful. You can "feel" it more than you can "see" it; it appears to have a subtle white head that is barely noticeable. It is hard and very painful if I try to "squeeze" it (with my thumb and forefinger). It will go away by itself after about a week or so. I am not sexually active but was with my ex-husband a couple of times about 2 years ago during a reconciliation attempt. I am not in a position to communicate with him however and I wanted to get to the bottom of what I may have. Can you help?
I have the same issue...One time it was really painful and big, but most of the time it causes little to no pain...I thought it may have been related to stress...I haven't seen a doctor, but if you do will you post the diagnosis...good luck and thank you
Maybe you can help me too!

I'm new here, this is my first time posting. I am a bit freaked out - last night, while taking a shower, I noticed a bump on my outer labia. It was tender to the touch but did not itch or feel tingly or anything like that - just tender to the touch. It was red, the color of my skin, and was a bit bigger then a normal pimple I'd get on my face, but around the size of pimples I'd get on my back. I have never noticed anything like this before. I am in a monogomous relationship and my boyfriend and I don't use condoms, but we've both been tested for everything and are fine. I did have HPV for a couple of years that was closely monitored by my gyno, and had a colposcopy in November and have had normal paps since. I showed my boyfriend the bump, and he hadn't seen anything like it before but didn't seem concerned about it - he thought it looked like a pimple. We decided to not have sex last night and just wait and see. Today it's a lot smaller, still tender to the touch, and definitley more flat and fleshy feeling then it was. I do get Brazilian waxes on a regular basis and get ingrown hairs, so I know what that is, and this didn't look like that.

Should I be concerned? I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months, haven't been with anyone new for about 1-2 years and that was always with condoms. My boyfriend and I don't use condoms. None of my previous partners have had anything like this. My boyfriend was divorced about 3 years ago and hadn't been with anyone since his divorce until we met.

I should add that we went hiking yesterday, I hadn't showered all day until last night, we had sex the night before, and we were really sweaty - so it would be prime time for a pimple to pop up.

I could make an appointment with my doctor but I have an exam scheduled for 3 weeks from now anyway, and my schedule is a little tight to go right now. But I am concerned.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated! THANK YOU!!

well, i found out recently that i am hpv positive. i am pregnant. two months into my pregnancy, i found the same kind of bump that you are talking about. well i know that certain strands of hpv cause genotal warts, so i went to see my doctor and he confirmed it. i really think thats what you have. the good news is genital warts are treatable and sometimes go away on their own, but they also may come back. i dont know from the research that i did if you have genital warts with hpv, after you treat the warts the virus in your body will remain. but i am not a doctor. in my opinion i am pretty sure thats what it is.