Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Ruptured cyst
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ruptured cyst

Hello,
I have a question. A couple of months ago I had a CD3 ultrasound prior to my IVF-cycle. On the ultrasound they saw a cyst of 5cm on my right ovary.My IVF-cycle was canceled.Then 9 days after ovulation I had a lot of sharp pains on my right side and then a gush of yellowish/pinkish fluid discharge. The whole thing lasted for less then an hour.(I think...didn't time it) After that the pain was much less.I phoned the IVF-clinic and they told me it could have been the cyst that ruptured.If I had no other symptoms and if the pain was gone I could wait till I had my next ultrasound.On the next ultrasound on CD3(8 days later) the cyst was gone and we started IVF which didn't result in a pregnancy.

We were doing IVF cause I had a tubal ligation in 1994 with Falope rings when I was just 26.At the moment we're waiting for a tubal reversal.

My question is.....if my tubes have Falope rings how can the fluid of the cyst have past through my tube? Does this mean that if the fluid was from the ruptured cyst that my right side isn't blocked properly by the falope ring?

Thank you in advance.
Tags: Cyst, falope rings
Related Discussions
242596_tn?1192429549
Hello,

The fluid from the ruptured cyst would have spilled into your abdominal cavity, causing the pain you noted, that ultimately resolved spontaneously.  I suspect the gush of vaginal fluid was coincidental.  Tubal fluid can present as vaginal discharge; it would be highly unusual for ovarian cyst fluid to result in vaginal discharge (especially in light of your tubal).

Best wishes,

Dr. Downing
6 Comments
Blank
316714_tn?1193930823
Goodmorning,

Thank you so much for your answer.:)
I really appreciate it.

Greetings from Holland.

Blank
180653_tn?1194913881
it helps to read ur entry...I'm about 4-5 wks preg. and during my ultrasound my doctor found a cyst on my ovary and fluid in my uterus, which she said was probably a ruptured cyst. I don't know what to think. it's hella scary though...
Blank
From personal experience, a ruptured cyst is EXTREMELY painful!
Blank
316714_tn?1193930823
It sure did a lot of pain when the cyst burst.
I have had kidneystones before and I can compare the
pain of a lodged kidneystone to a bursting cyst.
I've had cysts before but not 5-6cm ones.
It's horrible.!!! I'm glad it's gone and I hope it stays away.
Blank
Having just had a laparotomy to clean up the mess from a 12cm ruptured dermoid cyst on my right ovary, I can assure you that a ruptured cyst is HELLALOT of PAIN!!  I am still in recovery.  The spillage went all the over the abdominal cavity and my liver numbers went up, had a low grade fever and tons of pain, I can't stand or walk straight!  Pain didn't improve with painkillers the hospital gave me either.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now