Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Septate Hymen.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Septate Hymen.

Hello,
I have recently discovered that I have a septate hymen.. When I use tampons the piece of skin/tissue stops it from coming out and I must move it to the side in order to take out the tampon, it can sometimes be quite painful, I usually don't have problems putting them in.. I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about but I won't tell my mother and I don't want to go to a doctor.. Is there any way I can break it myself? I don't want to have to get a surgery (considering I won't even tell my mam or go to a doctor). I would really appreciate some help on how to break it myself.
Thanks.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would tell you to come and see me!  Doctors (and mothers for that matter) are not bad people!  If I were going to advise you without seeing you however, I would advise you to please NOT try any cutting or breaking.  If a patient wants to have a septum removed, we generally do that in the OR under anesthesia.  Sometimes there can be significant bleeding and a suture is necessary.  If my patient wanted to try to remove a septum without surgery or intercourse, I would suggest vaginal dilators.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank