Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Skin tag?

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Skin tag?
I'm 15 years old and have had a long pience of skin around my vaginal area for as long as i can remember, it doesn't cause me any pain but is sensitive and is skin coloured i've done some research on skin tags and this seems a little long (around 5cm) is this a skin tag or something else? HELP!
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would have to make you show it to me.  It sounds like a skin tag, but somewhat larger than usual. If you have had it forever, and if it doesn't bother you too much, I would not be in a big hurry to remove it.  When it does come time for you to have a relationship, you might want to have something done. ANY skin lesion should be watched carefully for evidence of growth or color change.  Also, if it bleeds or itches, or gets in the way of your clothing or tampons, etc.  you might want to have it removed.
Good luck!
Dr B