Spots down below
I noticed a bout 3 months ago that I have a few spots around the opening to my vagina.  They aren't very big and feel just like there is something on my skin I can scratch off.  They aren't very noticeable either and don't seem to be spreading.  I am too embarrassed to go to my GP about them.  What do you think they are?  I haven't slept with anyone since July 06 so can't see how it can be an STD unless a dormant one?  

Please help.
I forgot to mention that my smear test came back abnormal and I had to go for a colposcopy.  The doctor says the cells are borderline CIN1/CIN2.  I'm not sure if this could be related to the spots?
Thanks Doc.

I went to the doctors today about it and seen the Practice Nurse.  She examined me and said it looks like skin tags.  I don't know why they have just appeared out of the blue though?