Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Strange white spot inside vagina (pic inculded)

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

I have a strange white spot on my vagina that my husband noticed. It hurts to the touch. We have been having alot of sex recently, with alot of orgasms, and Im abut to get my period in a week. It this something to be worried about?

My husband took a close up pic of the actual white spot. It's not pornographic or anything. I hope its not against the rules to post. The spot is right in the middle.    

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2h2kox3.jpg[/IMG]
Hi!
Sorry for the delay in answer--your post got buried!
I reviewed the image--unfortunately the lighting is not good, but I think I see the area of concern.  It looks to me like a simple infected follicle (oil gland or sweat gland) sometimes the Skene's glands can become infected.  If they don't rupture and drain on their own, it may be necessary to have the lesion lanced and drained by a doctor.
If so, it should be a quick office procedure, and definitely worth the time and energy.
Occasionally these little infections can respond to antibiotic therapy, and that might be worth a try too.  Give your gynecologist a call if you are not better by now!

Good luck!
Dr B
Did anyone ever get back to you on that? Because it sounds familar to something I get every few months right in the middle of my vaginal area, not pubic area.
A related discussion, painful white blotches how do i get ri of them? was started.