Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Thick uterine lining - why?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thick uterine lining - why?

I so hope you can provide some insight about what I am facing. I'm 33 and I've been having pain in my pelvis and pain with urination for several weeks (it feels like I'm having a muscle spasm after urinating).

My doctor performed pelvic and vaginal ultrasounds, and I got the results today. Everything is normal except my uterine lining is abnormally thick. The doctor now wants to do a saline ultrasound to "check for abnormal growths and polyps". I have to wait several weeks for the test to be done, and am very scared. I specifically asked if "growths" meant cancer (my biggest fear!!!) and the nurse told me they were absolutely NOT concerned about that.

What conditions cause abnormally thick lining and the symptoms I'm having? My periods are quite regular and my bleeding is not heavy but I do have AWFUL cramps each month. Any advice and guidance you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!