Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Too much natural lubrication during sex. Help!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Too much natural lubrication during sex. Help!

I know that wetness during sex is a sign of arousal, but i feel like i get far too wet. Guys ive been with have lost erections because of the lack of friction. We've tried different positions and different kinds of condoms, even wiping down every once in a while. Its embarrasing and bad for the sex life. I've heard that taking an antihistamine like benadryll can help dry up secretions. It makes sense if u look at the mechanism of action. My question:  do i need to take benadryll daily/several times a day or just once before sex?  Also, any other methods to reduce my "niagra falls" problem?
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would consider testing for bacterial vaginosis to make sure that the wetness you are describing is just physiologic and not due to an infection.
If everything is normal, an antihistamine might help.  You should probably take it about an hour before you expect to have intercourse and it can last about 4-6 hours. One problem with benadryl is that it can cause drowsiness, so you might want to test it first, so that you don't fall asleep at an inconvenient moment!
I usually tell my patients to take plenty of time for foreplay so that they are "ready" for intercourse.  In your case, you might just want to go for it!
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker