Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Uterus Spasms/Twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Uterus Spasms/Twitching

Hi, my name is Kensley and I am 18 years old.  Yesterday and today I've noticed some strong muscle spasms in my uterus quite frequently.. They aren't painful, just really bothersome and it kind of freaks me out.  I've been reading a lot of posts on other forums and everyone says this has something to do with pregnancy.  I pray I'm not pregnant, however, my last period was sometime mid February and I have had sex after and during that.  I noticed when I got off of my period, I spotted for 4 or 5 days.. I found that highly unusual because it's never happened other than the day after my period.  So what are the chances that I'm pregnant?  What should I do here?  Please help!
Hi!

First item of business is a pregnancy test.  The odds of pregnancy are high because you have two of the biggest risk factors--young and fertile, and 2 sexually active.

I should add the third--that you don't want to be pregnant!

You can purchase a pregnancy test at any grocery or drug store, and the home tests are accurate.

Also, you could get an appointment at any doctors office, or Planned Parenthood, because the next order of business if you are NOT pregnant is to KEEP from getting pregnant!

First don't forget about the morning after pill--you can purchase that without a prescription because you are over 18.  See my blog for a full article and then print it out and give it to all your friends!!!

Second, you may wish to start something permanent like the pill.  But also always protect yourself against STDs by using condoms!

You sound like a brainy, well-informed lady who has many more things to do with her youth than raise babies!

Good luck!
Dr B

1 Comment
A related discussion, i'm having uterus spams. help! was started.