Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Vaginal Redness
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vaginal Redness

For a little over a month, I have had vaginal redness in the external areas around the vagina.  It is just red with no lesions.  This was accompanied by a lot of itchiness.  Suspecting a yeast infection, I took three doses of of diflucan (150 mg) every three days.  When that did not help, I went to my doctor, and they put me on flagyl and a drug called Tergynan (which I believe is made in France).  It appears to be a combination of several things to treat yeast.  I had been experiencing a lot of itchiness, which appears to be getting better.  However, the external area around the vagina is still red like before.  

I think I am a bit nervous because I am living overseas in an area with substandard medical care.  I'll visit my gynecologist when I return in a couple of months to the US, but in the meantime, I'm quite anxious about this problem.  Based on this internet description, do you have any ideas what might be the cause, or do you have any suggestions of tests I should request the doctors here to run?

Thank you.