Vulvar Cancer?
Hi. I had very bad vaginal itching (am in menopause) and my doctor gave me steroid cream. She noted vulva dystrophy and vaginitis in my records and I thought she mentioned lichen p or lichen s, it's not in my records. The itching has subsided and I know this will be a chronic thing for me. I am scared because I read online that lichen p or lichen s increases your risk for vulvar cancer? Right now I do not have any sores or bumps, is that how vulvar cancer starts? I will see my gyn in a few weeks but until then I am very anxious. Thanks for your help.

Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that vulvar cancer is visible.
If you don't have any lesions or ulcerations, you almost certainly don't have cancer.  Your doctor may want to examine you thoroughly and do some biopsies of abnormal appearing areas if any.  Don't hesitate to mention your concerns!

Good luck!
Dr B
A related discussion, can't figure out what's wrong was started.