Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
W

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

W

I AM 48 POSTMENAPAUSAL HAD TERRIBLE FLANK PAIN FOR MONTHS HAD SCAN WHICH SAID I HAD A 4CM LEFT OVARIAN CYST AWAITING GYNACOLOGIST APP WHAT DO YOU THINK TREATMENT WILL BE
Hi!
If I were your doctor, I would need to know a lot more about the characteristics of the cyst.  If it is just a simple cyst with no other features than a smooth wall, I might be inclined to watch the cyst and look for other causes of pain (have they imaged your kidneys?).  Because you are in so much pain, I would have a low threshold to remove the cyst--laparoscopically if it was safe and appropriate to do so.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Hello ... I've been operated for an ovarian cyst last year ... Mine was 11 cms ... It's a condition medically known as endometritis .... Or a slang called chocolate cyst ... you will be operated upon ...laser operation so the incision made on you're stomach will be 5 dots in a circular pattern .... Nothing to worry about ... I had a cancer test done and it came clear by the grace of God ... recovery takes a month .... no eating rice and potato post surgery ...after the surgery you will be put on birth control pills to regulate your periods / avoid them ... As endometritis is basically the collection of blood ... All the best you are in my prayers! :)
Mine was left ovarian too ... The complication was during surgery they realized it had burst ... in my case I'm young just 20 ...so I have my periods on in which case the cyst can form again ... Not always but there  is a possibility ...,by only hope is to get a child fast and then the 9 months during which I won't have my periods at all will heal or terminate the possibility of the cyst coming back ... In you're case you are done with you're periods so after the operation nothing to worry about :) except few marks on you're tummy that is hardly visible
thanks for your comment
thanks for your comment