Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Weird odor
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Weird odor

Hi,

I am 24 years old and had my period almost 2 weeks ago and yesterday when I went to the bathroom I had a bloodish spot in my panties when I got home I put on a pad and went to sleep but the next day there was nothing there, Now I went to the bathroom and I see this blood spot there, I been also getting this weird odor but then is gone i get no itching or discharge is just the odor that comes and goes and the spotting now is this normal? please help!!
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for a check up.  I would probably test forpregnancy, vaginal infections and sexually transmitted infections (depending upon your preference).  MId cycle spotting is not too uncommon. Old blood can have a foul odor too.  It wouldn't surprise me if all of the tests for infection were negative and the blood was causing the odor.  We would just then need to check out why you were having the spotting--maybe some hormone testing +/- and ultrasound.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker