Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Why do I have such long periods
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why do I have such long periods

Hello,
I have been having a problem with long and irregular periods.  Currently, I am on one that started on November first of last year and have been bleeding consistently (with blood clots) since then.  I am very tired on a daily basis and suffer exhaustion to the point where I've had to start missing classes, but I don't know what to do.  

I've sought out treatment for it in the past, but currently am not due to lack of insurance.  There were no diagnoses provided.  I only received birth control and iron pills but they did little to help the problem.  When the first pills didn't work, I was put on a different set, but stopped taking them because I was so freaked out with the side effects.
What exactly should I do to make sure that I'm able to get the treatment that I need when I'm not even sure what's causing my problem in the first place?

Thank you