Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Why my wife cant feel the movement of the fetus at 8th months of her pr...

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Why my wife cant feel the movement of the fetus at 8th months of her pregnancy ?
Hello Dr !
This is my wife's 8th month of her pregnancy and this is her 3rd baby but the fetus is not yet moving and she is so worry about it may i know the reason plz thanks .
Hi!
I am not sure why your wife would not feel movement at eight months.  If she was my patient I would have her come in urgently for an ultrasound.
Depending upon ultrasound findings, I might recommend genetic testing.
Sometimes women can't feel movement well if they are very large.  It can be difficult to feel the baby through a thick abdomen.
Hope this helps!
Dr B