Yeast Infection??
Last Saturday I started taking Monistat 3 for a yeast infection. I was itchy down below. I finished the medicine. While I was taking it, I had some pinkish discharge that finally went away after a few days. I thought I was clear of the yeast infection; however, when I had sex yesterday, I became very swollen afterwards and a little bit itchy. I started on Miconazole 7 last night. I am no longer swollen or itchy but a little red. Is my yeast infection back? Did it not fully go away and having sex made my symptoms noticeable?  
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in to see me at this point.  The first thing I would want to do is to test to be certain that it really IS a yeast infection and not some other type of infection.  I would then consider doing a yeast culture to see if the yeast is resistant to the monistat.  I will usually prescribe Diflucan for yeast -- it is an oral medication.  I like it better, because sometimes the vaginal preparations can cause a dermatitis (reaction) that is worse than the original infection.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.