Yeast Infection

I'm pregnant and have a yeast infection. I was wondering if it was safe to take AZO yeast tablets during pregnancy. I would also like to know what I can do to get rid of this yeast infection.

AZO tablets are considered a Class B medication which presumes safety in humans based upon animal studies.  Probably will do no harm, but I'd refrain from taking it unless absolutely needed.  If you are sure you have a yeast infection over the counter vaginal creams can be used (e.g., monistat).  Also, your ob/gyn can prescribe oral Diflucan (150mg by mouth x 1).

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Difulcan is actually worse to take. I am allergic to the over the counter vaginal creams so I am going to take AZO b/c I'm not allergic to it. If I take monistat I swell up and it doesn't cure my infection! I don't know if I'm pregnant yet so it's possible that I'm not.