Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Yeast infection that will not go away

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Yeast infection that will not go away

Yes I have had a yeast infection for more than a year. I have taked many antibiotics from the doctor and have tried natural meds to over the counter. that does not seem to help. I dont have sex at all. my skin around my vagina is very itchy and irrated that it bleeds on the outside. I have tried baby diaper cream with zinc and no perfume of any sort on me. I dont understand why this is goin on. please help me.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for some testing.  The first thing to do is to determine if this is truly yeast.  I would want to do a wet mount and possibly a culture of the yeast.  If it is NOT yeast, a skin biopsy might be helpful.
If it is yeast, the culture might help decide how to treat it.  I tend to like to use oral anti-fungals such as Diflucan.  I AVOID topical products that can cause dermatitis.  In your case though, a strong topical steroid might be helpful -- something like Clobetasol.
I would also want to test for diabetes and HIV as contributors to chronic yeast.
I think you'd better go in for a check up!
Good luck!
Dr B