Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
a lump underneath episiotomy scar

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

a lump underneath episiotomy scar
hi i had a lump underneath my episiotomy scar..it really bothers me.right now its really sore especially when i  sit..its really painful..what is it
Hi!
I'm not sure how long ago you had your stitches, but if it was recently, I would be concerned about an infection/abcess.  If that is what is going on, it will continue to get bigger and more painful.  It will be very important to go in to the doctor to have it lanced and get some antibiotics.

If your delivery was quite some time ago, it could still be an infection, or it could be something else like a sebaceous cyst or endometrioma.  Either way, the treatment will probably be the same; it will probably need to be lanced and drained.

Good luck!
Dr B