Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
abdominal pain after D&C

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

abdominal pain after D&C

I had MC and D&C on 13/02/2011, this is my first MC and my 2nd D&C, my 1st D&C on 1 August 2010 because there was part of placenta left behind after I gave birth to my daughter, for my 1st D&C, I had no problem, I had a quick recovery, for my 2nd D&C I didn't have any problem at the beginning, but I start feel pain on my left abdomin (abdomen) after 2 weeks, and get worse day after day, I still feel that pain rigth now, my obgyn said that there is no problem, and I should not worry about it. I also got heavy bleeding until my blood pressure only 70/50 and my Haemoglobin 7,6.

I really want to know:
- Is it dangerous to have 2 D&C's with 6 month span? (For information, I got heavy bleeding so my obgyn decided to do D&C, these are happened to both of my D&C)
- what's wrong with me, until I feel pain on left side of my lower abdomin (abdomen)? Is it indicate something going wrong?

I hope I could have any answer about my pain right now, I'm worry with this pain, I don't know what's going wrong.
Thank you for your time.
Hi!
I am also concerned that your symtoms (symptoms) are not normal.  I would do a few tests including a CBC to check your white blood cell count for evidence of infection, and an hcg to see if the pregnancy hormone level has decreased to zero, or close.  I would also do an ultrasound of the uterus.  One thing I would want to rule out is a tubal pregnancy on the left side.  The other thing I would want to rule out is any evidence of perforation of the uterus on that left side.  (Perforation is a small hole made by one of the D&C instruments).
The third thing I would want to rule out is infection.   Finally, if none of these is the problem, I would treat for possible constipation related to use of pain relievers.

Hope this helps!

Hope you bother your OB/gyn again, because it could be serious  (Hope NOT!)

Dr B
Dear Dr,

I have a similar case, I also had MC and D&C, and had no problem at the beginning, but I start to feel pain on my left side lower abdomin (abdomen), and the pain getting worst, but I didn't get heavy bleeding post D&C.

Is the pain on my left lower abdomin (abdomen) is normal? My obgyn said I'm all right and give me Mefinal 500mg 3 times a day, but I think a pain killer is not the answer.

Thank you.
Dear Dr,

Thank you.