Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
aspecting twins

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

aspecting twins

I went to see my doctor and he said i'm having twins we did the scan and saw both the babies but one is big and one is small the smaller one we didnt get the heart beat so i'm worried if anyone else have the same problem.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want to know how far along you are.If you are VERY early, it may be that the second twin hasn't had enough time to grow yet, and you will get the heartbeat when you check again next. Also(unfortunately), it is fairly common to lose one twin early in pregnancy,  Usually the second twin does well (eg if you are less than 12-13 weeks).
If you are into your second or third trimester, the findings could represent twin-twin transfusion which can be serious.
I hope that your doctor has scheduled you for a follow up ultrasound.  When you go in--ask lots of questions!
Good luck!
Dr B
Hey thanks for been a good listener I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm very worried my next appointment is next month early so I'm just concerned about my babies i so wish when i go see my doctor again everything turns out positive.