Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bacterial vaginosis

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

bacterial vaginosis

hi.. i've been having a milky discharge and a bad odour for several years ever since i got my period for the first time and now im 23.. i looked it up and it was bacterial vaginosis i went to the dr and he gave me tablets called conaz i took them for 10 days twice a day but nothing happened the discharge is still there i told my dr he told me it will go away but it's been almost a months since i took the dosage and nothing happened and i cant insert anything because im a virgin so please help me..
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would really try to do a pelvic exam so that I could test your discharge for yeast, bacterial vaginosis, and even STIs if you have ever had any type of sexual contact.  The medication you were given treats yeast, but would not solve the problem if it is caused by bacteria.  A foreign body such as a bit of toilet tissue lodged in the vagina could cause similar symptoms, which is another reason that I would want to do an internal exam if at all possible--if not we would have to settle for a swab and I would do a wet mount and send it for bacterial culture.
Hope this helps!
Dr B