Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bladder infections create havoc

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

bladder infections create havoc
Hi, I'm 34yr old and have 4 kids. When I was pregnant with my son 2 yrs ago I got violently ill many times. My G and gp said I had bladder infection and could not find anothe cause for my illness. I havet had an episode again till after I had my last baby now 6mnths old. I felt car sick and progressed into pins and needles which very quickly progressed int extreme spasm and cramps in my hands and moved to my feet. Within an hour my entire body was in a foetal position. I was in so much pain the doc was unable to take my blood pressure. How can a bladder infection cause so much pain and why can't I shake it...?
HI!
If  I was your doctor I would sincerly doubt that this type of pain was caused by a bladder infection.  Instead I would suspect a  complicated migraine.  I would give you something for pain and would refer you to a neurologist for further evaluation.
Good luck!
Dr B