Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bleeding after intercourse

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

bleeding after intercourse

I had a colposcopy in January.  After loop treatment, my results are clear and I am not due back to the clinic until January.  However, I have experienced spotting after sleeping with my husband on occasion, nothing to worry about but I was aware of it.  This month my period went on for an extra three days and four days after it finished I had intercourse and there was a significant amount of blood- as much as a heavy period day.
I had spotting for 2 days and then a brown discharge for 5 days later.  I rang the clinic and was told that my doc will be back from his holidays at the end of next week and will contact me then.  Is this too long to wait or should I contact my gp, or is this something I shouldn't concern myself with.  My thinking is that my cervix is slightly eroded and it will mend itself.  Am I being a little naive??  
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would probably ask you to come in so that I could evaluate your cervix.  You are probably correct that the tissues just haven't completely healed yet, and will given time.  If the bleeding has stopped, there isn't much more to do--but I would suggest waiting until your doctor has cleared you before having relations with your spouse again--my apologies to him!
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concern.  I went to my GP and she examined my cervix and did an internal exam.  
She didn't find anything out of the ordinary and said that I may have had a miscarriage although I didn't miss a tell tale period.  There was no evidence of this however as I had let it too long before seeing her.
Anyway, got the all clear and the following night my husband and I were together. Something didn't feel right and when I turned the light on, I could only describe it as a bloodbath.  It was horrific.
I phoned my GP and she has booked me in for an ultrasound in five days time. I feel a weight on my cervix and I get sharp pangs in my lower right side and near my coccyx.  
My GP is not sure if there is anything wrong but I am worried.
Thanks again,
Gwen