Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bleeding after orgasm (none penetration)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bleeding after orgasm (none penetration)

Hi im 24 and for the past 3 weeks i have had a bleed after orgasm even orgasm without penetration (red blood and usually with cramping pains) i am not on any form of contraception nore am i taking any form of medication. before this i had my regular monthly although it was 10 days late and extremely heavy, losing big clots resulting in having to wear both tampons and a towel and change every hour some occasions every 30 minutes, this lasted for 7 days. Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Regards 7821shopperholic
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would want you to come in to see me for an ultrasound.  The same process that caused your period to be late and heavy is probably also causing the bleeding with intercourse.  I would be concerned about polyps or hyperplasia in the lining of the uterus.  Fibroids or endometriosis are two other possibilities.
Check in with your doctor!
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
418703_tn?1308828820
Thankyou for you prompt response. I am totally fed up with my gp, im never seen by the same one.  my surgery has several gp's. its hard work getting an appointment never mind getting one to see the same doctor. They all have one thing in common and that it to pay very little attention to their patients and get through them quickly as possible. what would happen if i just ignored it? Will it heal on its own?
Thankyou again for your response i am very greatful x
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker