Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
bleeding vagina, please help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

bleeding vagina, please help!

This is going to be a pretty graphic and detailed question, so that hopefully someone might be able to help me out completely!
My boyfriend and I had a weekend getaway. My period the first day, and that night of we had sex. Turns out I still had a bit of blood left in me. The next morning, afternoon, and night we had sex again, and each time I bled (but my period had definitely ended by this point) and it wasn't a lot of bleeding though. It was maybe two or three wipes of the toilet paper to clean up the vaginal bleeding until there was no more. The next day after that we just did it in the morning, and this time the blood came out more of that wet version (that liquidy texture that you excrete before your period starts or when you get wet etc). So I thought maybe I was just bleeding inside because he had maybe ripped my skin from stretching it out, since the vagina gets pretty vulnerable right after the period. So I thought it might've just been a bleeding from a cut, since there was also a little bit of discomfort when he would initially put it in.
The last day of that weekend though, my stomach kept grumbling like as if I had to use the bathroom, but nothing would come out. The next day I had diarrhea twice and it felt like I was having cramps. I've read that having sex could cause you to have diarrhea though since the vaginal pipe is right next to the rectum pipe.
And the diarrhea only lasted for that one day. But the next day after the diarrhea, every time I have a bowel movement my vagina bleeds. It was just spotting at first, but this morning when I had a bowel movement, it was more blood than usual that was actually released into the toilet. And it took a couple of wipes to clean up the extra blood in my vagina. I've also been having extra vaginal discharge (I've had yeast and vaginitis before and I'm wondering if it might've returned but the discharge could also just be from the vaginal walls healing right?)
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you first to do a pregnancy test. ( I always advise that whenever there is irregular bleeding). I am wondering if you might be having a miscarriage.  I would also advise you to see your health care provider either way--even if you are not pregnant--I would want to rule out some type of laceration of the vagina that might need stitches.
Good luck!
Dr B
ALSO I have also found some itchiness in my vagina. Everytime I have a discharge it feels as if the discharge is tickling my vagina. I'm thinking it might just be from it healing like how a scab gets itchy when it heals. I've had yeast and vaginitis before and it's led to warts, and the warts I had were itchy, so I checked for them. There are absolutely no sign of warts at all.
I don't think it's a pregnancy/miscarriage scare at all. I did take Plan B after that weekend within the 72hour timeframe just to be sure though. But the discharge has been getting worse. It's coming out as if it's my period. It comes out as a somewhat clear but yellow tone and is drenching my underwear, so I use a tampon to keep it from flowing out like that. There's absolutely no odor to it though. When I had infections before they had a distinct odor but this one has none. Also it stings to urinate because the urination touches the vaginal opening. The opening of the vagina seems to be a bit swollen. And when there is a bowel movement there's blood. The area between the anus and the vagina also is in pain like the pain when you rub on something for a long time that it feels like the skins ripped.

Any diagnosis on this? I will be seeing a gynecologist soon after the holidays.. I'm just really worried it might be something that's going to involve surgery. I've taken all my vaccines for HPV and cervical cancer. So I'm hoping this might not be the case.

Also can having sex right after the period is over cause the vaginal walls to rip and be in discomfort for a couple of days?
The problem is quite serious. I do not support having sex right after period as I have seen many women face problem after having sex during period time or even after period. Contact with your doctor before the problem turns to a major one.